Decorating Your Office with Plants
Sick of being stuck under fluorescent lighting without anything to break up the monotony of your cubicle? Need a pop of green at work? And if you are working remotely, are you ready to level up your hybrid office/living room/dining room/bedroom?
Here are a couple of plants that are great for your work environment for morale and cleaner air! in addition to providing cleaner air, these plants are also unique because they actually thrive on neglect – meaning that low light and twice monthly watering don’t hurt them! Their minimum upkeep also makes them perfect for the new plant parent.
1. Snake plants – everyone’s favorite plant! Keep their soil dry and their light level low, and they are happy plants. If you want to see them bloom, though, they do need to have bright indirect light.
2. Pothos – if you select one with variegation, keep in mind that these markings become less vibrant the lower the light. To keep them looking fresh, make sure they get some light – overhead lighting can help out with this!
3. Philodendron – similar to pothos, these plants need medium light to keep their variegations looking sharp. Plus, both pothos and philodendrons grow quickly to disguise and soften your desk.
4. ZZ plants – another plant of steel! These plants can thrive even in shadow, but will really grow like crazy if they get medium light.
5. Dracaena ‘Lucky Bamboo’ – while they prefer medium to bright light for best growth, lucky bamboo work well for office spaces because they can utilize the fluorescent lighting without losing color.
Please note that these plants are toxic to pets and humans, so be mindful of placement in your home office! Don’t forget to tag us in your plant photos on Instagram @cellardplants and use #CellarDoorPlants so we can see your gorgeous babes! Happy planting!