No Fuss Plants for All Plant Abilities
Even if you have the greenest thumb the world has ever known, it is nice to have some no fuss or frills plants around. Below are some great plants that look beautiful and don’t require hours a week devoted to care – and they’re good for your air quality too!
These plants are also unique because they actually thrive on neglect – meaning that low light and twice monthly watering don’t hurt them! Their minimum upkeep also makes them perfect for the new plant parent or the person with a jungle in their home.
- Pothos – if you select one with variegation, keep in mind that these markings become less vibrant the lower the light. To keep them looking fresh, make sure they get some light – consider investing in some grow lights if your space is really dim.
- Snake Plants – the easiest care! Keep their soil dry and their light level low, and they are happy plants. If you want to see them bloom they need bright, indirect light. If getting bright light, they need a touch more water but not much.
- Philodendron – similar to pothos, these plants need medium light to keep their variegations looking sharp. These trailing beauties soften bookshelves and the tops of cabinets, just like pothos!
- Tillandsia Air Plants – so easy you could care for them in your sleep! Simply soak these air plants in water for 10-20 minutes every 1-2 weeks and set upside down to dry, so any additional water runs out. Give them the moderate light and they are set!
- ZZ Plants – so easy you don’t even need to think about them (that much). These plants can thrive even in shadow, but will really grow like crazy if they get medium light.
- Any Dracaena variety – they’re so versatile, distinct, and colorful! The only thing you need to worry about is direct light! This plant is very versatile and can thrive in bright, indirect to lightly shaded areas. Water whenever you see the top 1” of soil dry out – water thoroughly and ensure proper drainage.
- Parlor Palm – The parlor palm is a favorite among house owners because of its low maintenance care and ability to survive in almost any environment. It’s stylish look and hardiness make it the perfect plant for any home or office.
- Anthurium – these babes are slightly more upkeep, as they do require weekly watering and more light than many on this list. However, their waxy blooms add a tropical flair to any space, making them well worth a little extra attention.
- Elephant Bush Succulent – the only thing high maintenance about this plant is its sun requirement! Since it is a succulent, only water sparingly and make sure it has plenty of bright, indirect light.
- Lemon Button Fern – There are around 12,000 species of ferns, and the lemon button is one of the prettiest and easy to care for. Mist them daily because they love humidity, and make sure they are watered thoroughly when the top 3” are dry. This fern doesn’t want direct light, but requires more than just shady areas.
Please note that these plants are toxic to pets and humans, so be mindful of placement in your home! Don’t forget to tag us in your plant photos on Instagram @cellardplants and use #CellarDoorPlants so we can see your gorgeous babes! Happy planting!