Botanically known as Anthurium Andraeanum and commonly called flamingo flower, tail flower, or painted tongue plant, the Anthurium is an epiphytic evergreen tropical perennial plant of Araceae family famously adored for its beautiful pallet shaped bright red spathes and contrasting broad heart-shaped dark green foliage. The plant is native to Columbia and Ecuador. Anthuriums grow to about 16 inches, making them a perfect indoor plant for desks and floors, as long as pets and children are kept at bay since it is poisonous.
These exotic houseplants have glossy heart-shaped leaves with a beautiful, vibrant bloom that comes in pink, red, purple, or white. The Anthurium's beauty really stands out and will look amazing in any room. They can bloom all year long with enough light and water. The Anthurium originated in the South American rain forest so they thrive in high-humidity environments with a decent amount of shade.
This bundle includes three 4" plants and free shipping.
- Anthuriums do best with lots of indirect sunlight; Anthuriums in low light will grow slower and be less healthy - avoid direct sunlight
- Remove browned or dead leaves
- Water thoroughly, allowing the soil to dry slightly between waterings, do not over water - we recommend watering with 6 to 8 ice cubes once a week
- Anthuriums are tropical plants, and will grow best in rooms with around 80% humidity and between 65 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit
- Anthuriums should be repotted once every 2 to 3 years