Nothing separates a homeowner’s living space apart from the rest than a plant like the African Mask Alocasia Polly. This plant isn’t from Africa, it’s from the Philippines, but it gets its name from the hand-carved ceremonial masks made in Africa that this plant resembles! It’s Philippine roots explain the need for humidity and moist conditions as the Alocasia Polly loves constant attention. Don’t let the plant get too dry or the leaves will start to drop dramatically and will take more time to recover.
- Care is crucial for this plant and it will require soil that’s porous. You’ll need one part soil, one part perlite or coarse potting sand, and some peat moss.
- Give this plant plenty of indirect bright sunlight but do avoid hours of direct light as this can burn the leaves.
- It’s important not to overwater the plant during its dormant period. Leaves will naturally die so don’t water extra as the plant needs to drain its water to continue the growth of newer leaves.
- This plant comes from naturally humid conditions so it’s important to replicate the environment it’s from to avoid a dried out plant.
- This plant is toxic to pets
Make your home stand out with the African Mask (Alocasia Polly) and order yours online today!