The Calathea Concinna also known as the Calathea 'Freddie' is a tropical plant native to Brazil. The unique green striped foliage on the Calathea Concinna make for a beautiful addition to any room. Similarly to other Calatheas, the 'Freddie' opens its leaves to the sun during the day and closes them in a resting position at night. This plant prefers a more humid environment up to 60%, so be sure to keep that in mind when choosing a spot in your home.
- The Calathea Freddie is not necessarily a beginner plant as it requires constant humidity checks and the ability to adapt to the environment it's in.
- Indirect sunlight is best suited for this beautiful Calathea Freddie. Medium-Bright indirect light is perfect.
- Water thoroughly during the growing season then reduces during winter. Water once or twice a week to keep the soil moist, but now oversaturated.
- The ideal temperature for the Calathea Freddie should be between 60ºF – 75ºF.
- The Calathea is non-toxic to pets