The Ficus Elastica, commonly known as the rubber plant is an easy to care for houseplant that makes a great addition to any home. It has large white and green leaves with shades of pink. This plant is known for being on the tougher side because it can withstand longer periods without water. Since it loves bright indirect light, the Elastica looks beautiful in a living space with large windows. If you have been looking for a plant to add a pop of color to your space, the ornamental leaves of the Ficus Elastica will do just that.
- The Ficus Elastica does best in medium to bright indirect light. Make sure that you avoid exposing your Ficus to direct sunlight as it could burn the plant.
- Water your ficus when the top inch of soil is dried out. It is best to water with room temperature water.
- Fertilize your ficus twice a year for optimal growth (although this is not required).
- We recommend repotting once a year. Make sure the new pot is slightly larger each year so your ficus can grow to its potential!
- Ensure that your ficus is in an environment where the temperature is between 55 and 85 degrees F. Avoid cold drafts!
- This Plant is toxic to pets