Ficus Elastica, commonly known as the rubber plant has large leaves and is easy to care for. This plant can grow to be very large if cared for properly and given room to grow. Some will grow up to 8 feet tall as indoor houseplants!
In nature, the Ficus Elastica grows in lowland tropical forests, however, it can thrive in a large range of environments.
- The Ficus Elastica is a Medium Light Plant. It will do best in indirect sunlight. Near a window or skylight would be perfect. Just make sure that you avoid exposing your Ficus to direct sunlight as it could kill the plant. We also recommend rotating your ficus occasionally for optimal growth. This Ficus can also do okay in low light.
- Water your ficus when the top inch of soil is dried out. It is best to water with room temperature water. Make sure your pot has good drainage as well. The worst thing you can do with this plant is overwater it.
- Fertilize your ficus twice a year for optimal growth (although this is not required).
- We recommend repotting once a year. Make sure the new pot is slightly larger each year so your ficus can grow to its potential!
- Ensure that your ficus is in an environment where the temperature is between 55 and 85 degrees F. Avoid cold drafts!
- This Plant is toxic to pets