The Ficus Lyrata is a miraculous indoor plant. It has a skinny trunk and large, vibrant green leaves that have a leathery testure. It is very popular for its modern and simplistic look. This plant can grow to be very large if cared for properly and given room to grow. Some will grow up to 8 feet tall as indoor houseplants!
In nature, the Ficus Lyrata grows in lowland tropical forests, however, it can thrive in a large range of environments.
The 4" variant is actually a Ficus Lyrata 'Little Bambino', also known as the Dwarf Fiddle Leaf Fig. The 6" variant is a regular Ficus Lyrata, and is 15 to 18 inches tall already! The 10" diameter pot variant is also a regular Ficus Lyrata that is already approximately 48 inches tall. The 10" variant includes the cost of shipping in the price you see.
- The Ficus Lyrata is a Medium Light Plant. It will do best in indirect sunlight. Near a window or skylight would be perfect. Just make sure that you avoid exposing your Ficus to direct sunlight as it could kill the plant. We also recommend rotating your ficus occasionally for optimal growth.
- Water your ficus when the top inch of soil is dried out. It is best to water with room temperature water. Make sure your pot has good drainage as well.
- Fertilize your ficus twice a year for optimal growth (although this is not required).
- We recommend repotting once a year. Make sure the new pot is slightly larger each year so your ficus can grow to its potential!
- Ensure that your ficus is in an environment where the temperature is between 55 and 85 degrees F.
- Keep away pets as this plant is toxic if consumed