Pothos Plants are THE easiest indoor plants making them great for beginners. Pothos Plants are great for offices, bathrooms, or dorm rooms because they do well in low lighting. These beautiful plants are a trailing vine and can grow to be quite large. The leaves can also develop golden spots on the leaves if given enough sunlight, hence the name.
Another great perk of owning a Pothos Plant is that they are on the list of top air-purifying plants. They can help remove chemicals from the air including benzene, formaldehyde, trichloroethene, toluene, and xylene. Easy to take care of and they purify the air you breathe?! It doesn't get much better than that!
- Pothos Plants prefer bright, indirect sunlight, but can tolerate low light as well. Avoid keeping your pothos in direct sunlight.
- The species can be overwatered really easily, so water once to twice a week. Let the soil dry out completely in between waterings.
- Keep your pothos in environment where the temperature does not drop below 50 F. They will do best at room temperature (65 to 75F).
- Pothos thrive in all types of soil. You can even take a cutting from a mother plant and root it in water or soil. The cutting can thrive as another houseplant!
- Keep pothos away from children and pets as they are toxic if consumed.