The Stromanthe Sanguinea is a beautiful plant native to the rain forests of Brazil. This variety of the Stromanthe Plant has attractive leaves with different shades of white, red, pink, and green. The Stromanthe Sanguinea is often not the best choice for beginners as it is picky and harder to keep alive than some of our other plants. The key to caring for a Stromanthe is to provide lots of humidity. You can increase the humidity around the plant by placing it on a tray filled with pebbles and water, by misting the plant regularly, and by placing a humidifier near the plant.
- Keep the soil moist, but make sure you allow the top inch of the soil to dry out in between waterings
- Use well draining potting soil and a well balanced fertilizer
- The Stromanthe can also be picky with light. Place it in bright, indirect sunlight. If you see that the leaves are developing burns on the leaves, move it to an area with less light
- The Stromanthe prefers temperatures from 65 degrees to 80 degress Fahrenheit
- This plant is non-toxic to pets!